Wednesday, May 13, 2009

All dough’d Out

Cookies, cakes, and desserts are generally easy enough to make just by following and tweaking recipes, but I had always find making breads to be intimidating. So couple of weeks ago, I took a bread making class at Sur La Table, in the hopes to expand my repertoire.  Boy did I learn a lot! From baguettes, brioche, pizza dough, white bread, to cheddar cheese buttermilk biscuits. Last weekend, I put what I learnt to good use, and made baguettes and pizza for my friends.  Nothing beats fresh ingredients, no matter how simple, on a homemade pizza dough.  I just love the house smelling like a bakery. 

 DSC_1433 DSC_1451

Then on Sunday, we made crepes.  On the left is  mine, with fresh strawberries, vanilla ice cream, and chocolate syrup. On the right, we have Herman’s nutella vanilla ice cream crepe. What a carb-loading weekend, and boy was it fulfilling!

DSC_1459DSC_1463

No comments: