Monday, April 6, 2009

Gooey Chocolate Cookies

I have decided to start blogging again, and from now it is going to be about all things baking (well with an occasional entry about my latest food adventure, I am sure.) I LOVE to bake. And if I really want to open a bakery someday, I would like this blog to document the steps I take to realizing this dream.

So I have been on a cookie kick lately, and I made these gooey chocolate cookies today. The recipe called for semisweet chocolate, but I used bittersweet chocolate instead, and I added a splash of espresso coffee to accent the rich chocolate flavor. These cookies were covered with a layer of powdered sugar before baking, giving it the crackled sugar coating. These cookies are crisp on the outside with a soft and fudge-like center. Only thing is, I do wish they would rise a little higher and not spread so much. I will need to work on that next time.

No comments: